If you’re not getting a good night’s sleep and your bedroom is to blame, something is wrong. And it can be fixed. It’s time to rearrange and redecorate to promote the best sleep that you can possibly have. Let’s rethink, redo, and relax!
Let your mind rest. And how do you do that? Well, take out clutter that busies your brain. Clear out your bedroom in such a way that anything that you look at, doesn’t require thought of any kind. And you know what that means…get rid of the television. If you need your phone in the same room as you, place it on a surface that is not easily reachable. It may be hard at first, but it’ll be worth it with the quality of sleep that you will get each night.
Close your nightstand. Why? This is relating to the point above. A drawer or cubby allows you to place your belongings out of sight, like a book, phone, a journal, or anything else that distracts you from sleep. Instead, tuck it all away and put some
pretty, peaceful accents on top, like a vase of flowers, a decorative lamp, and a satchel of a scent that relaxes you immediately.
Comfort=Relaxation. Go simple. Go exclusively for comfort. That means the right bed, and bedding: soft, touchable, breathable, crisp, and cozy.
- Shop for the perfect bedroom set, and mattress, that relaxes you and makes you feel good.
- Linen stays cool and has a long life if you care for the fabric properly. Various linens can feel differently so make sure you thoroughly feel it before you buy it.
- Cotton has that “crisp” cool feeling. It’s a great fabric to have on your bed in the hot weather.
- A cotton satin fabric is soft, smooth, and silky, BUT it will be hot and sweaty in the summer. So if you like that fabric, put it on when the weather starts getting cool.
- Relax with a non-caffeinated beverage. Many people swear by tea.
- Read something that relaxes you and will give you peaceful dreams.
- Readjust the lighting over the time before you go to sleep. Gradually, apply lower lighting until it’s completely dark.
- Take a hot shower or bath with relaxing scents, or spray the linens, too.
Keep it all clean, neat, and tidy.
Laundry, accessories, and clean linens and towels, should be kept in baskets, bins, or on hooks. And not on the floor. There’s a lot of cute, organizational storage that can keep all of the necessary clutter contained. Make use of it and it will also keep your very sleepy mind clear and neat.
Clean air, good sleep. Clean air is not only healthy and fresh, but it’s a better environment to live and to sleep. Here are some ways to make it a more pure and clean room:
- Use an air purifier
- Keep a houseplant in the bedroom. They’re good at cleaning the air.
- Make the bedroom a no-shoes zone
- Vacuum and dust on a regular basis. Don’t forget under the bed!
- If the weather is nice, open the windows to air out the space.
What helps you sleep better? Let us know in the comments section below!