New year, new you, new home! And lucky for us there’s new trending looks that are design ready for your 2017 home!
- If you are creating or building your own home now might be the time to consider open concept spaces, for example a kitchen the flows into the living and dining room area without the barrier of any walls. This is an idea that won’t go out of style either, especially if you love spending time with the people with whom you live. Many, and big, windows go hand and hand with these type of spaces as then they’re flooded with sunlight.
- Stainless steel and chrome finishes have always been the leader for fixture and home details but something a little unique is rearing to go: satin brass, rose gold, and bronze.
- Whether it’s on the floor or the walls unique tiles are being used in an unexpected and unique way. Create a mosaic design for a small tile back splash in the kitchen or bathroom, or use large tiles for the floors of a living room or kitchen.
- Trending colors for 2017 are soothing, but NOT pastels: violet, soft grays, sand, blue-gray. But if the soft shades aren’t in your wheelhouse try jewel tones like sapphire and emerald. If you’re looking exclusively for new colors for the bedroom, go romantic with deep reds, caramel brown, and black.
- One word. Okay, maybe two: Marble. Velvet as in pillows, or even a bed headboard. White and gray marble-esque surfaces and accessories. Try it mixed with furniture or fixtures that are made with wood, or stainless steel.
- Metallic materials are sticking around mostly because it’s so easy to work with them since they act as neutrals. In your home accessories, metallics used in table sets and can end up encompassing a timeless charm.
- Shapes and prints for visual interest are a great trending option for homes that prefer a few quirky statements mixed in with the everyday.
- And we’re back to color because there’s a few other themes that are gaining steam this year: different shades of whites combine for a power look! Cream with bright white=breathtaking! Greenery is not only Pant
one’s color of the year, but it’s usually a hit in the home as it refreshing and is a jolt to dark wood floors or a light colored sofa.
- Moving outside, perhaps more of a new year’s resolution rather than a trend, is to give a little love to the side yard. Front yards get the most attention, back yards get all the parties and BBQs, what do the side yards get? It’s time to make it pretty: landscaping, planting, trellises, and some tasteful garden décor.