What reminds you of the summer? Is it certain colors? The light-weight fabrics of the clothes, and in home décor? How about a tropical vacation? Here are this year’s summer design trends that are gaining popularity…and they may be just what you had in mind!
Natural Is In.
- Rope, canvas, driftwood.
- It is a generally held opinion that natural items inspire comfort and coziness.
- Matte and powder finishes; clay, stone, concrete textures are still popular.
Beach/Nautical Is In.
- Sea spray blues, natural tones, cream hues
- Sophisticated, stylish, and classic stripes on upholstery
- Create a light colored dining space that is as bright, inviting, and airy that can be paired with any color.
- Weathered-look home accessories, and pretty florals on the bedding, and upholstery
- Use navy, with pops of yellow, red or white.
- For fun: kitchen accessories with a fish theme.
- For kids: mermaids are very popular!
Tropical Theme: Prints and Colors Are In.
- Muted blues. Very white whites. Watercolor palette.
- Florida “tropical:” pink pineapple print.
- Spaces filled with plants, in hanging planters, accessorized with macramé.
- Hammocks and hanging chairs!
- Wallpaper, wall coverings, and rugs with printed jungle, beach, and rain forest images.
- The palm-leaf print is back, and it is HUGE. Try getting it on a teal blue background or on a coral background.
White/Light Furniture Is In.
- White in upholstery, and painted wood is here for the summer.
- Bright white furniture brings in an airy, fresh feel.
- White dining room sets.
What are your favorite summer designs? Do you change up your home for the summer? Let us know in the comments below!